Demo responsible: Empresa Municipal de la Vivienda y Suelo de Madrid SA (EMVS) and Veolia (VEO)
Type of building: Large residential Social housing apartment block, envelope under retrofit, 10 flats with a ground floor + 4 floors (1072 m2) near the town center of Madrid. Solar energy potential: 62 m2. Existing individual appliances per flat: gas boiler supply DHW and space heating through radiator circuit and air/air split for cooling. Yearly thermal demand estimation after envelope retrofit: 13 MWh DHW, 18 MWh electricity, 60 MWh space heating, 4 MWh cooling
- TP4, Parallel integration: reversible HP (BDR) for space heating + cooling + DHW; Thermal output from solar hybrid PV-T (DUALSUN) to cover heat demand and to assist boostHEAT evaporator; PV-T (DUALSUN) electricity production to cover building appliances electricity consumption. HP boiler Adsorption chiller Reversible HP Solar thermal PV Thermal E. Storage RES installed14 — 3×27 kW 35.3 kW 10.5 kW 300 l 94.5 kW
- Installation of solar panels and HPs’ outdoor fan coil units on the flat roof and connections to technical room
- Installation of HPs’ indoor unit and tank either in a box on the roof or technical room on ground floor.
- Redesign centralized space heating, cooling and DHW distribution system for 10 flats
- Integrated control system for the smart operation of H&C and electrical systems
- Improved performance on space heating and DHW through heat supply by solar hybrid PV-T (DUALSUN) and thermal energy storage (RATIOTHERM) and reversible heat pump (BDR)
- Improved self-consumption of electricity from solar hybrid PV-T (DUALSUN) by the reversible electric heat pump in heating and cooling season (BDR) and specific electricity demand of the building
- Large residential and tertiary. New and renovated buildings.
- Sunny climates
- Very limited risk in coupling both innovations (i.e. reversible HP and solar hybrid PV-T).
On the 17th of November 2021, VEOLIA, CARTIF, and CNR ITAE met in the Madrid demo site, for a special visit of the social housing building, guided by the demo manager Diego Romera (EMVS). The partners controlled the installation of the SunHorizon TP 4, and took the opportunity to further discuss about the commissioning phase, […]
Madrid demo site is a social housing building located in central Madrid in Tres Peces street. The building, built in 1948, was originally a police station and dungeons consisting of just one floor above ground. In the middle of the 20th century, it was refurbished achieving the configuration that currently exists with nine apartments, distributed […]
Interview to Diego Romera from EMVS, demo site owner of our site in Madrid, Spain. Demo site ID: Location: Madrid, SpainType of building: (Multi Family Residential Building, 1072 m2, 9 Apartments + 2 Commercial Premises)Climate: MediterraneanTechnologies and partners involved in this demo site: Reversible Heat Pump (BDR), Sola PV-T (Dual Sun), Thermal Storage (Ratiotherm)Date of the demo site visit: 28thFebruary 2019 […]