Demo responsible: Universitatea Tehnica Cluj-Napoca (TUCN)
Type of building: Residential – Students dormitories (1977; envelope insulated) with Campus Restaurant. Available Roof: 1150 m2 (over the Campus Restaurant next to dormitory buildings; close to boiler house).
- TP1, Parallel integration: Thermal output from solar thermal (TVP) to DHW tank, complementary DHW heat demand supplied partially by thermal compression HP, and by existing gas boiler
- Scale-up the existing system to cover the needs of the whole dormitory
- Replication to the 2nd dormitory and to another 7 dormitories across the TUCN campuses
- Manage operation of the TP to optimally meet demand for space heating and DHW
- Ensure appropriate meters are put in place to facilitate collection of consumption data and assess the impact of the integrated system into the building performance