Demo responsible: GRE-Liège
Type of building: Tertiary building Swimming pool (4.500 m2). Solar energy potential: 400 m2
- TP2, Mixed solar-assisted/ parallel integration: HP boiler (BoostHEAT) for DHW with existing gas boiler as a backup; Thermal output from solar hybrid PV-T (DUALSUN) to cover part heat demand from swimming pool and to assist evaporator of BoostHEAT for DHW; PV-T (DUALSUN) electricity production for building appliances. HP boiler13 Adsorption chiller Reversible HP Solar thermal PV Thermal E. Storage RES installed14 50 kW–228 kW 68 kW 10,000 l 330.8 kW
- Installation of solar panels on flat roof and connections to technical room
- Installation of boostHEAT 50 and thermal storage installation and integration to existing heat distribution with gas boiler and swimming pool heat exchanger
- Integrated control system for the smart operation of H&C and electrical systems
- High performance on swimming pool low-temperature heating from solar hybrid PV-T (DUALSUN) and in increased efficiency of thermal compression boiler (BoostHEAT) for DHW
- Electricity production from solar hybrid PV-T (DUALSUN) increases building self-consumption
- Tertiary buildings with natural gas connection. New and renovated buildings.
- All climates
- Very limited risk in coupling both innovations (i.e. HP boiler and solar hybrid PV-T)
In the first half of 2021, CEA experimental platform at INES is hosting the tests of three solar-based hybrid technologies developed by SunHorizon industry partners before the in-situ deployment phase during summer 2021: TP2, TP4 and high vacuum flat solar thermal panels. The test of TP2 involves Ratiotherm (solar heat distribution and 1.3 m3 stratified […]
On the 17th of September 2020, an article about the SunHorizon technologies and testing in the 8 demo sites has been published in BATIRAMA journal. You can find the full article in French here.
On the 21st of February 2020, in Verviers, a press conference was held to present the city’s demos and their involvement in the SunHorizon project. Find the press publications at these links: “Energies renouvelables: Verviers au coeur d’un projet pilote européen” “Un chauffage moins polluant et moins coûteux à la piscine de Verviers et au […]
Name of the interviewee : Jean-Luc Pluymers – Groupement de Redéploiement Economique de Liège (GRE-Liège), Belgium Demo site ID: Location: Verviers, Belgium Type of building: Swimming Pool of Verviers – 4500 sq meter (2 swimming pools (one of 25 meters and a small one for children) + sport halls Hall Moray – Sport center of 1515 sq […]